Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:2015-02-25 - Unscheduled Downtime Extension

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 16 post(s)
Gabriele Zoolander
Gabriele Zoolander
Valor Evolved
Order of Allied Knights

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2015.02.25 13:37:16 - [1] - Quote

Since EVE is based on a subscription it means we pay for gametime.
Will a compensation in lost gametime be available for this?
Asking for a PLEX is probably too much, but asking for regaining the time lost due to downtime doesn't seem unreasonable at all.

Hope you'll fix the issue soon and that is nothing too serious, I just got my new ship few mins before the downtime and was eager to use it :-/
Also yesterday I set my PI production so I could start it again today.
Gabriele Zoolander
Gabriele Zoolander
Valor Evolved
Order of Allied Knights

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2015.02.25 13:48:11 - [2] - Quote

Syndiaan wrote:
Gabriele Zoolander wrote:
Asking for a PLEX is probably too much, but asking for regaining the time lost due to downtime doesn't seem unreasonable at all.

Hope you'll fix the issue soon and that is nothing too serious, I just got my new ship few mins before the downtime and was eager to use it :-/

I think anyone that asks for "compensation" should have their account disabled for 24 hours.

I don't see the problem in asking the gametime that has been lost, I'm not surely asking for a PLEX!
I know EVE devs are working hard on this and I appreciate it, but I also know EVE isn't a free game, so you're paying every single minute of it, asking to have that (and only that) time back doesn't seem unreasonable to me.
Gabriele Zoolander
Gabriele Zoolander
Valor Evolved
Order of Allied Knights

Posted - 2015.02.25 14:05:25 - [3] - Quote

Celine Sophia Maricadie wrote:
Syndiaan wrote:

I think anyone that asks for "compensation" should have their account disabled for 24 hours.

I don't see the problem in asking the gametime that has been lost, I'm not surely asking for a PLEX!
I know EVE devs are working hard on this and I appreciate it, but I also know EVE isn't a free game, so you're paying every single minute of it, asking to have that (and only that) time back doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

And the official answer is....

http://community.eveonline.com/support/policies/eve-eula/

Specifically:
Quote:
NO WARRANTIES

The Software, System, Game and all Game Content, and all other services and material provided in connection therewith, are provided "AS IS," with all faults, and without warranty of any kind. You assume all risk of use and all risk associated with accessing the System and playing the Game.

CCP disclaims all warranties, whether express or implied, including without limitation the warranties of merchantability, fitness for particular purpose and non-infringement. There is no warranty against interference with your enjoyment of the Game. CCP does not warrant that the operation of the System or your access to the System, or that your use of the Software, will be uninterrupted or error-free, nor that the System or Software will be compatible with your hardware and software.

While CCP attempts to have the System available at most times, CCP does not guarantee that the System will always be available, or that the System will not become unavailable during Game play. The System may become unavailable for a number of reasons, including without limitation during the performance of maintenance to the System, for the implementation of new software, for emergency situations and due to equipment or telecommunications failures.

You agreed to this when you accepted the EULA. To expect compensation is unfounded. You gave up any "right" to compensation for this type of thing.

In fact, in past cases where access to the game has been significantly interrupted, CCP has taken care of everyone with some form of compensation, not that they had to.

You understand that accepting that it can occur doesn't mean you aren't supposed to get a compensation for that?
Heck I get compensations even from free games such as Warthunder, Word of Tanks, Robocraft, Star Conflict and so on...and I've never needed to ask for them. They simply do it because it is right.
They won't file bankrupcy since they're rich as hell, and they're giving away just game time...which is virtual and free to deliver, no loss on their side.
Gabriele Zoolander
Gabriele Zoolander
Valor Evolved
Order of Allied Knights

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:07:56 - [4] - Quote

Omeprazole wrote:
is the game over?
did someone finally win?

A strange game,
the only winning move is not to play.

How about a nice game of chess?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHWjlCaIrQo

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,11s, ref 20240520/1931
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.